Monday, November 15, 2021

I am grateful

11/15/21 - offered by Lida Ananian

Heavenly Father, I am so grateful today. My heart overflows with gratitude. For eyes that see. For ears that hear. For fingers that grasp. For knees that bend. For lungs that breathe. Thank You for Your sustenance that fills me, your light that surrounds me, and your love that never fails. Thank You not only for your countless blessings but for the challenges that draw me near to you. Thank You for the hard moments when you gave me the strength to wait out the storm. Whatever storms come into my life, you are my Rock and my Shelter. When I am hurting, broken defeated, belittled, let your love overflow from the depths of my soul. Please let me love as much like you as humanly possible. Equip me for this emotion and prepare my soul for the overflow. Use me as an instrument of your love. Lord, Soften my heart where it has grown hard, push me out of my comfort zone, and allow me to show love far past the circle that surrounds me. When I am frustrated with someone, let love be my first thought. When I am disappointed with someone, let love be the first reaction. Reveal in me the people and places in my life that need love. Reveal to me the faces that I need to love. There are times lord, when I do not know which decision to make. Your word says that you determine my steps. Thank you for the freedom that brings to my mind and heart. As I make my plans for today and tomorrow, and as I step forward in faith, guide my steps lord where you want me to go. Turn me away from the direction of anything that I make plans for that will take my eyes off of you. Let me trust in you with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all your ways may I submit to you, and you will make my paths straight.

Thank you for each new day that you have given us. Thank you for creating our minds to dream. You designed each of us with a need to create, to develop, to dream of new possibilities. Thank you for giving us the freedom to make our own plans. Thank you not only for your countless blessings but for the challenges that draw all us near to you.

Bless us with rest tonight, Lord, and a good night’s sleep. Forgive us for the things we did today that did not honor you. We need your help every day, and we thank you for the strength you give and for helping us knowing that with you, even hard things are possible. Bless our families, our homes, our bible study group and their love ones, our Dear Fr. Vazken and his family and bless the people in our world, and help them to know you love them too.

In Jesus name we pray. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Wish

12/18/23 - offered by Fr. Vazken A Christmas wish for you and our world… May the joy of the angels, the eagerness of the shepherds, the per...