Monday, September 18, 2023

For the Lonely

9/18/23 offered by Yn. Susan Movsesian

A prayer for the lonely

I praise, thank and love You, God, the father of light.

Forgive me my sins at times, where worry and concern may enter my heart. 

God, I imagine during the time when Your Son Jesus Christ was anticipating, what was to come, prior to his crucifixion, not only fear, but a sense of loneliness entered his being.

Father, today I ask that you, through us, your children grant comfort to the lonely, like the comfort found in the branches of the mustard tree.

I am seeing a sense of loneliness in our parent's generation. When I hear, my dear mother, say, "everyone is dying and leaving," I hear a hint of fear and loneliness, in her voice. Still, she declares, I am so grateful for all my loved ones, and who I still have here.

May the joy and hope of the resurrection lift and carry those who mourn and feel alone.
Lord, we praise you in all things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Wish

12/18/23 - offered by Fr. Vazken A Christmas wish for you and our world… May the joy of the angels, the eagerness of the shepherds, the per...